How much does A2 bike insurance cost?
The cost of your A2 motorcycle insurance depends on a wide range of factors, such as how long you’ve been riding, your riding history, and where you live. For example, if you’re a young rider and have just passed your A2 licence practical, you might find that you have to pay a lot more than a rider who’s passed their A2 licence after decades of riding on an A1-certified bike.
If you find that you’re facing high insurance costs, get in touch with us. As a specialist motorcycle insurance broker, we’re able to source deals you can’t find elsewhere. Using over 30 years of experience in the industry and our panel of over 30 insurers, we’re convinced we can find you a great rate on your A2 licence insurance.
Why choose Bikesure for A2 licence insurance?
We’re convinced we offer one of the best A2 motorcycle insurance quotation systems around. But don’t just take our word for it; we’ve also got a five-star rating from Defaqto, the UK’s most trusted unbiased and independent services for financial products. Just some of the benefits we offer with our insurance for A2 motorbikes include:
- Multi-bike policies allow you to cover all your bikes of any type on one low-cost policy, including scooters, quads and trikes
- Cover for disclosed accessories fitted to your bike
- Repairs carried out by our approved provider are guaranteed for three years
- No loss of bonus or excess if you are hit by an uninsured driver
- Claims reporting and assistance service open 24hr
- Replacement bike provided if brand new motorcycle is written off in first six months from date of first registration
- European Commission country cover for 90 days
- Agreed value option for classic, custom and modified motorbikes
- Great rates for riders with zero no claims bonus
- Riders with motoring convictions or criminal convictions covered
- Motorbike modifications and customisations covered
- Easy payment options available
What is an A2 bike licence?
An A2 licence is a class of motorcycle licence that allows riders 19 years old and over to ride a standard motorcycle with a power output of up to 35kW. The A2 is a full licence, meaning you don’t have to use L plates while riding, and it’s just one step below the A licence, which allows you unlimited use of all types of motorbikes.
How do I get an A2 licence?
The licence can be obtained either through direct access or progressive access. If you’re 19 years or over and you don’t already have an A1 licence, you can simply take a theory and practical test to get an A2 licence.
Those who already have an A1 licence can get an A2 licence via progressive access; if you’ve been riding for two years or more, all you need to do is pass a practical test.
What bikes can I ride on an A2 licence?
A2 licence holders can ride standard motorbikes with a power output of up to 35kW. This allows you to ride higher powered bikes like the Honda CBR500R or the KTM 390 Duke. And if you have your eye on a specific bike but it’s got a higher power output than the maximum 35kW, you can restrict its power so it’s A2 licence-compliant until you get your full A licence.