Why choose Bikesure for mature rider’s insurance?
- Affordable motorcycle insurance for the over 50s
- Cover can be tailored to meet your individual needs
- Discounts available for owners club members and limited mileage policies
- Great rates for riders with zero no claims bonus (NCB)
- Agreed value option for classic, custom and modified motorbikes
- Can cover all types of bikes, from retro mopeds to modified streetfighters
- Cover for disclosed accessories fitted to your bike
- Repairs carried out by our approved provider are guaranteed for three years
- No loss of bonus or excess if you are hit by an uninsured driver
- Claims reporting and assistance service open 24hr
- Replacement bike provided if brand new motorcycle is written off in first six months from date of first registration
- European commission country cover for 90 days
- Legal cover up to £100,000 included free of charge
- Wide range of add-ons available, including personal injury cover, breakdown cover and clothing and helmet insurance
Affordable motorcycle insurance for older riders
We offer a range of policies and discounts from our wide network of insurers that are ideal for mature riders. We compare policies from a range of different providers to ensure our clients get the best deals to suit their needs.
Discounts for riders returning to motorcycling after a break
We now offer discounts for riders as young as 30 returning to two wheels after a break. For those who have taken a longer sabbatical or want to embrace motorcycles for the first time at a later stage in their lives, we also offer a 60-plus scheme, which is applicable to anyone aged 60 to 80, subject to terms and conditions. So if you’re returning to motorcycling after a break, speak to us directly for a quote.
What kind of motorbike is best to drive for older motorcyclists?
Although your old 70s bike may look great, that doesn’t necessarily mean it is the best weight, offers you the right power or has the best handling for your needs. It might be time to ditch the old motorbike and find a smaller bike that gives you freedom and control. Take a look at our guide to the best 125cc bikes.
You might also want to consider a retro-styled bike, which has the look and feel of a bike from the 60s and 70s, but the safety features of the present day. Take a look at our best retro bike lists:
- Best Bullit motorcycles
- Best scrambler motorcycles
- Best bobber motorcycles
- Best modern retro cruisers
Who has the lowest price on motorcycle insurance?
Mature riders are often able to get cheaper motorcycle insurance compared to younger riders. This is because older riders tend to have more experience on the road.
At what age does a motorcycle become a classic?
In general, once a motorbike has been around for 30 years, it can be considered a classic. However, there are some exceptions. Read our guide on how old a motorbike has to be to get classic insurance to find out more.
Are older bikes cheaper to insure?
Not necessarily, though older bikes can be affordable to insure through a specialist broker like Bikesure. Call our team if you’re looking for classic bike insurance.