If your bike has been well looked after and maintained, the Market Value rate payable in the event of a total loss claim may not reflect the true value of your motorcycle, which could be achieved if you were to sell it in its present condition.
If this applies to your bike, then you should ask for an agreed value policy through Bikesure. If you choose an Agreed Value insurance policy and your motorcycle is written off, then any offer made will be based on the agreed value, rather than the current market price value.
If you request an agreed value policy, you will be required to complete an agreed valuation form and may be asked to send us one or more photographs of your bike and sometimes, although rare, we will also require copied of receipts of parts and labour costs for any work that has been carried out on your vehicle. Should we not initially agree the valuation we may ask for an independent valuation, which can usually be obtained from a specialist garage. All of this information is important as we need to know all about your bike in order to value it – if you don’t complete the required paperwork, your bike will be covered, but only to market value rates.
Where we need photos of your bike, you have the option of sending in digital photos or scans via email, rather than spending money on extra prints. Please bear in mind that the more expensive or exotic your bike, the more detail we will require from your photos.
Once we have received all your details, one of our expert valuers will review the information that you have supplied and if agreeable to the insurance company, will issue you with an Agreed Valuation Certificate.
To speak to one of our motorcycle insurance specialists, use the call back form during our office hours of 9am to 7pm Monday to Friday or 9am to 4pm Saturday.
Agreed Value Policy Features
Depending on the particular scheme selected, our classic, specialist and modern bike policies can offer a wide range of features and benefits including:
- Agreed value option for any bike over 1 year old.
- Riders with motoring convictions covered
- Riders with criminal convictions covered
- Salvage Retention
- Cover to use your motorcycle at club rallies and events
- Multi Bike Policies
- Classic policies with Zero Excess available
- Free UK and EU breakdown cover on some classic schemes
- Third party only cover to use your friends’ bikes & new option to extend cover on other peoples bikes to comprehensive equivalent!
- A huge range of modifications and customisations covered
- Full range of comprehensive & TPFT agreed value motorcycle policies
- Legal cover up to £100,000 included free of charge
Motorcycle Agreed Value
You can save even more money on your classic motorcycle insurance with additional discounts available for:
- Owners club members
- Limited mileages
- Experience of riding a classic bike
- Security precautions
- Multi bike insurance discounts