Get our best possible rates by calling us on 0330 123 1028 Or call 0800 369 8580 free from a landline
Existing customers call Customer Service on 0344 381 6503
Britain's bikers can benefit from big insurance discounts after specialist broker Bikesure teamed up with the country's largest motorcycling organisation.
The deal with the British Motorcyclists Federation (BMF) will see its 80,000-plus members entitled to discounts of up to 25 per cent under its new BMF Insurance brand.
Peter Laidlaw, BMF membership services director, said the new service had members' interests at heart in providing specially negotiated discounts while being flexible enough to cover all types of bikes and most circumstances.
“I was keen to embark on a partnership which will give the BMF some benefit from the scheme, as well as looking after the interests of its members," he added.
"From all the discussions and our visit to the Bikesure offices to see their operation, I am very pleased and confident that our members' interests are at the heart of this scheme.”
Grant Varnham, affiliate development manager at Bikesure, part of the Adrian Flux group, said: “We’re delighted to be teaming up with an organisation with such an illustrious history in campaigning for riders’ rights going way back to the 1960s.
“We hope that we can not only offer great prices to existing BMF members, but also help the Federation grow its membership numbers with the introduction of BMF Insurance, which will combine competitive premiums with automatic membership and all the benefits that includes.”
As well as paying the BMF a generous commission for each new policy taken out and each policy renewed, Bikesure will donate £1,000 to a charity of the Federation’s choice once 100 members have taken out new policies via the dedicated phone number to the broker’s UK-based call centre.
Grant said Bikesure was the perfect fit for the BMF, whose large membership encompasses riders of mopeds to superbikes.
“We’re committed to catering for riders of virtually anything on two wheels, from classics to superbikes, customised and modified bikes to imports and scooters,” he added.
“Many of our staff are motorcyclists themselves and understand the individual insurance needs of bikers, from overseas touring cover to agreed value and limited mileage for classics.”
As well as offering big discounts on bike insurance, Bikesure is able to offer BMF members up to 15 per cent off car, home and commercial vehicle insurance through Adrian Flux.
Bikesure is part of the UK’s largest specialist insurance broker, Adrian Flux, and has been offering bespoke motorcycle insurance for almost anything on two wheels - plus trikes and quads - since 1990.
With a call centre based in Norfolk, Bikesure deals with a panel of insurers offering more than 40 different specialist schemes, covering anything from standard road bikes to modified motorcycles, classics, superbikes, imports and everything in between.
Benefits on most Bikesure policies include:
● Multibike discounts
● Optional breakdown cover
● Optional personal injury cover
● Free £100,000 legal cover
● Optional helmet and leathers cover up to £1,000
● Limited mileage discounts
● Discounts for experienced riders and security precautions
About the BMF
The BMF was formed in 1965 after growing from its origin in 1960 as the Federation of National and One Make Clubs,and is now the UK’s largest motorcycling organisation. It aims to represent its membersand, by default, all motorcyclists, by promoting and protecting their interests and rights, both on and off the road, including:
● Campaigning on issues that affect the liberty, safety and security of motorcyclists in the UK by lobbying MPs, MEPs, ministers, commissioners and committees, and by interacting at regional level with Local Authorities, road maintenance and road safety organisations.
● Representing British motorcyclists in Europe through FEMA (Federation of European Motorcyclists Association) and FIM (Federation of International Motorcyclists)
● Providing members with benefits such as preferred insurance rates, touring advice, discounts, a quarterly magazine and branded products.
● Running a rider training scheme through affiliated training groups and its own ‘Blue Riband’ advanced training package.
● Providing support to more than 350 affiliated motorcycle clubs
● Holding threebike shows across the country, the BMF show at Peterborough attracting around 100,000 visitors
Posted on 03 00:00:00-06-2014