Bikesure blog logo
Bikesure blog logo Motorcycle InsuranceFAQs Contact Us

Get our best possible rates by calling us on 0330 123 1028 Or call 0800 369 8580 free from a landline

Existing customers call Customer Service on 0344 381 6503

Short period motorcycle scheme

Ever wanted to borrow your mate’s bike for a weekend of touring but been unable to get short-term insurance cover?

Well now you can thanks to specialist broker Bikesure, which has launched a new scheme designed to allow people to ride their own or other people’s motorbikes for up to three months at a time.

The new policy, with premiums starting at just £32, provides cover for a wide range of bikes, from sports bikes to classics, custom builds to scooters and everything in between.

Rob Balls, of Bikesure, said the new scheme had resulted from analysis that showed there was a need among motorcyclists for short-term cover.

“It’s an area that is poorly catered for in the market at the moment, and there are all sorts of reasons why people may need short period cover from a few days to a few months,” he added.

“For example, it might be friends or family visiting who want to borrow a bike, someone borrowing a friend’s bike while theirs is off the road, an extended test ride, road testing in the midst of a restoration, or maybe you only want to ride your bike between June and August.

“We’re proud of our policy of always trying to offer cover, even where others decline, and this is just another example of our commitment to try to cater for as broad a spectrum of motorcyclists as possible.”

The minimum rider age is 21, and comprehensive (maximum value £10,000), third party, fire and theft (maximum value £7,000) or third party only cover is available.

To get a quote call 0800 587 9718.

Posted on 03 00:00:00-06-2014


« Back to news stories

0800 369 8580
"I paid just

Stuart, Aberdeen
Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
Fully Comp
2 Years NCB

Get a quote | Specialist Motorcycle Insurance


© Bikesure Insurance Services, 2016. All rights reserved.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.