Why choose Bikesure for electric motorbike insurance?
- All makes of electric motorcycle, moped and scooter covered, including Chinese and Indian models that do not have an ABI code
- Cover for modified electric motorbikes
- Young riders can be covered
- Cover for riders with motoring convictions and criminal convictions
- Easy payment options including direct debit – even for 16 year olds
- Full range of comprehensive, third party, fire and theft and third party only policies.
- UK and foreign licences accepted
- Optional cover for your helmet and protective clothing up to £1,000
- Free legal cover on all policies
Do electric motorbikes need insurance?
Yes, electric motorbikes need to be insured if you’re planning on riding your bike on public roads. Just like other motorcycles, it’s a legal requirement that you get cover. It’s important that you also have the necessary licence to legally ride the bike.
How much is insurance for my electric motorbike, scooter or moped?
The cost of your insurance depends on a number of factors, including your riding history and any no claims bonus you’ve built up, as well as the type of bike you want to cover and how you’ll be using it. As a result, it can be difficult to estimate exactly how much your policy will be. Call us for an accurate, no-obligation quote that’s tailored to your needs and based on your individual circumstances.
How can I save money on my electric motorbike insurance?
We offer a wide range of discounts to owners of electric scooters, many of which are only available on the phone. Discounts include:
- Owners club discounts (up to 15% off)
- Limited mileage discounts
- Security precautions
- Keeping your scooter in a garage
- Experience of riding your scooter
- Multi-bike insurance discounts
Are electric motorbikes difficult to insure?
Electric motorbikes still make up a fairly small niche within the motorcycling community, so you might find that you struggle to find cover for your motorbike from mainstream insurance companies. Thankfully, as a specialist insurance broker, we’re able to cover all types of unusual bikes, including electric mopeds, scooters and motorbikes.
Insurance for all makes and models of electric scooters, mopeds and motorcycles
No matter what make or model your electric scooter or electric motorcycle, we can find insurance to cover you, including cover for imported and uncommon manufacturers. So whether you are riding a Zero, Sur-Ron, Swish or Zepii we can find insurance to cover your needs, be that commuting to work daily or for the occasional trip into town.
If you have realised the money-saving and environmental benefits of riding an electric scooter and now need to find electric motorbike insurance to match, call us to speak to an expert for a quote that is tailored to your needs. Alternatively request a callback or get a quote online.