By -


What good is a motorcycle if you can’t travel anywhere? And there’s nothing quite like the excitement and anticipation when a group of friends pack up their motorbikes for a European road trip, just don’t forget your Green Card.

But what you might not know is your green card does not just limit you to Europe’s major countries like France, Germany, Italy and Spain, there is a plethora of other countries and landmarks that you can visit thanks to your cover.

What is a Green Card?

A Green Card is documented proof that a British motorcyclist has legal cover to ride in the country they are travelling in.

When riding a UK registered motorcycle outside of the EU, riders need to present the documentation related to their insurance at the borders of each country they visit. You can either buy insurance ahead of your trip or at the border itself. 

Bikesure has access to different insurance providers to find the best Green Card insurance for your trip. Your bike must be UK registered and our cover can include the countries you plan to travel through. We can also arrange travel documents before your departure. 

Which countries can I visit with my Green Card?

You can travel to any country that has entered into an agreement with the European Commission such as: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Estonia, France, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Croatia, Italy, Ireland,  Luxembourg, Lithuania, Latvia, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Sweden and Slovakia.

However Bikesure’s Green Card cover could also allow you to travel to the following destinations:

  • Albania
  • Andorra
  • Belarus
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Iceland
  • Liechtenstein
  • Moldova
  • Monaco
  • Montenegro
  • Morocco
  • North Macedonia
  • Norway
  • Russia
  • San Marino
  • Serbia
  • Slovenia
  • Switzerland
  • Turkey
  • Ukraine
  • Vatican City

Cover for every bike on a European road trip

Whatever bike you plan to use on your grand European road trip make sure you take bespoke Bikesure motorcycle insurance with you. We can also supply you with a Green Card international motor insurance certificate which will give you extra peace of mind on your long road trip. Call Bikesure on 0333 270 4653 for a quicker, better and cheaper deal.

Find out more about Bikesure Green Cards and whether you will need one on your European road trip.

Insurance, Motorbikes