If you are looking for cheap motorbike insurance you can trust Bikesure to find you a competitive quote that won’t compromise on quality.
As a specialist motorcycle insurance broker, Bikesure does the hardwork for you by comparing quotes from dozens of providers to find the very best deals.
But there are things you can do to help make your peace of mind motorbike insurance policy even cheaper.
Here is the Bikesure guide to finding cheap insurance for your motorbike, scooter, moped, quad bike or trike.
Bikesure guide to cheap motorbike insurance
- Better motorcycle training is a great way of improving your riding but it can also help lower your insurance premium too. Advanced courses, such as those run by the Driving Standards Agency, the Institute of Advanced Motorists, RoSPA, the British Motorcyclists Federation and BikeSafe can all help drive down your insurance costs.
- If you never take a pillion passenger, tell your insurer as this can help reduce your premium. However, if you opt out of pillion cover, don’t be tempted to take a passenger as your insurance would be invalidated in the event of an accident.
- Keep within an agreed capped annual mileage. In most cases, the lower your annual mileage, the lower your premium. If you only use the bike for summer ride-outs consider seasonal insurance, but don’t forget you may need to file a statutory off-road notification when it is parked up for winter.
- Either pay for your insurance in a lump-sum or pay for it with a 0% credit card – remembering to make the correct repayments each month to prevent interest charges racking up.
- Select the right degree of insurance cover. Do you really need Fully Comprehensive, or will Third Party Fire & Theft suffice? Your insurance will also be cheaper if the policy covers you for social, domestic and pleasure use, rather than for commuting or business use, and that will help keep within the mileage cap.
- Unusual, modified and sports and superbikes will drive up your insurance premium rapidly so select your ride very carefully. The more modest your motorbike the cheaper the insurance premium, and nowadays with such high standards of motorcycle manufacture that won’t necessarily mean compromise when it comes to your machine’s performance.
- Reduce your premium further by getting the best security you can afford. Fit Thatcham approved alarms, identification systems, locks and ground anchors for the best discounts. If your bike is garaged overnight, or is stored off the road on a driveway, this could help reduce your premium too.
- Enquire about paying a higher voluntary excess on your insurance cover to bring down your policy costs. But remember, if you have to make a claim, you’ll have to pay the excess before you’re able to get your bike back from the garage.
Build you NCB to ensure cheap motorbike insurance
Once you have your cheap Bikesure motorcycle insurance you can reduce it even more by maintaining and building on your no claims bonus (NCB).
NCBs are generally more generous on motorbikes than they are on cars so, if you are considering making a claim for a relatively minor accident, it’s worth weighing up the cost of repairing the damage with the excess you will pay and the effect of losing your NCB.
Motorbikes, Motorcycle Insurance, Quads, Scooters, Trikes