Cycling has seen a rapid increase in popularity since the Olympics. Sky and British Cycling commissioned a report in 2012 into the ‘The Olympic Cycling Effect’, which found a significant increase in the number of non-cyclists who have been motivated to take-up cycling following Team GB’s success at London 2012.
With over 43% of the population now owning or having access to a bicycle (National Travel Survey) and over 462,000 cycles being stolen last year, according to CTC The National Cycling Charity, it is vital to get your bike insured.
Whether you use your bike to commute to work, explore the countryside at the weekends or if you own a custom racebike, Bikesure can have your bike covered against any eventuality.
Bikesure’s policies cover pedal bikes against theft, damage and accidents, regardless of whether you cycle for work or pleasure or are at home or away. Like all Bikesure’s insurance policies, the dedicated team look to tailor the cover to suit the individual’s requirements in order to offer the best protection possible – after all, why pay for more cover than is necessary.
Bikesure offer two levels of cover.
Bikesure’s ‘Secure level cover’ covers against:
- Theft at home, away from the home or from inside a motor vehicle wherever your bike is properly secured with an appropriate, MLA approved, lock (please check with an advisor at Bikesure for more information). These approved locks do not cost the earth – for as little as £35 you can keep your pride and joy locked up and protected.
- Accidental damage. Protecting you against damage to your bike and the cost of repairs or a replacement. It even covers you if you are leaving your bike locked up in a public place – perfect for commuting and shopping.
- Own an old bike or one no longer in production? In the event of a claim, Bikesure will pay to have it repaired or will offer a replacement of a similar bike, if needed (for bikes up to 10 years old).
- If your custom-built hybrid or composite bike is stolen, Bikesure will pay the replacement costs of each individually-purchased component.
- Bikesure will pay the repair or replacement cost in full of any bike less than 12 months old and the retail value of bikes more than one year old.
Bikesure’s ‘Plus policy’ gives you the ultimate level of pedal cycle insurance by providing everything included in the Secure policy, as mentioned above, with added extras of:
- Personal injury insurance with up to £10,000 cover for injury or death resulting from your use of your bike for persons aged 16-85.
- Public liability insurance covering you for any compensation owed due to claims brought against you for personal injury or property damage caused by yourself with your bicycle.
As these policies are through Bikesure, they come with free legal expenses insurance included. This covers for legal defence costs arising from any claims made against you following an accident involving your cycle. So if a claim you make is the result of a non-fault incident the legal fees and representation to recover costs not covered by the policy will be taken care of.
In addition to the levels of insurance cover, Bikesure offers ‘Bicycle Flux Rescue’. If you rely on your bike for getting around or the daily commute, then bicycle breakdown can leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere or running late for work. With ‘Bicycle Flux Rescue’ you will be covered in case of bike breakdown anywhere in the UK, and it includes rescue to a nearby garage or anywhere else you choose, getting you back home quickly and safely.
You May Also Like …